Join Our Team!
Summit Aviation is committed to providing excellent service to our clients, and we believe this starts with our exceptional staff. Summit has grown over the past fifteen years from a one-pilot operation to a continually growing organization with more than two-dozen charter pilots, certified flight instructors, aircraft sales specialists, and professional support staff. Our team comes from all over the U.S., though many of us are graduates of our award winning flight training program. We have created a close-knit community full of passionate, energetic aviators and friends.
The Montana Experience
With an awe-inspiring view of the Bridger Mountain Range from the lobby alone, our location at the Bozeman International Airport not only makes for incredibly scenic flying, but also a vibrant and active lifestyle. Biking, camping, climbing, fishing, hiking, skiing, and many other recreational activities are within minutes of our four-season town. If you have a strong conviction to provide the absolute best service in the industry, to work hard, and play hard, you just might be the perfect addition to our aviation family.
Current Job Openings
Hawker 850XP PIC: Summit Aviation is looking for a professional, motivated and safety conscious Hawker Captain with the desire to be part of a growing and dedicated team of aviation professionals. We operate a fleet of low-time, well equipped and maintained Part 135 jet aircraft. The Hawker is one of the newest in our expanding fleet and we are looking for the right match.• Competitive salary with benefit package
• Scheduled rotation
• Extensive Mountain flight experience in all seasons
• 4000 Total Time
• 2500 Turbine
• Medical: First Class
• Background check and drug testing
Aircraft Charter Sales and Operations Specialist:
Applicant must be an exceptional relationship builder with the drive to provide world-class customer service. You will coordinate and support charter flights while seeking to firmly establish Summit Aviation as the first choice for charter and aircraft management services. Experience working in a Part 135 aviation operations environment a must.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Handle aircraft scheduling, flight following, ongoing client management, and operator relations to ensure smooth operations.
- Coordinate catering, ground transportation, special requests, and other client needs during charter flights.
- Provide trip quotes, fill empty-legs, and support the flight crew.
- Develop and build working relationships with new and existing customers in order to understand their requirements for charter, aircraft ownership and management.
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive responses to Requests for Proposals.
- Work with the company President and Flight Managers to formulate and coordinate programs to promote charter services.
- Represent the company at trade exhibitions and networking events.
- Monitor industry trends that may affect business strategies.
- Stay up to date on competitor activity to identify business opportunities.
- Provide unmatched customer service to our clients.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum two years working in an aviation operations environment or aviation dispatch center.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to read and interpret aviation weather
- Strong understanding of FARs both part 91 and 135
- Ability to handle customer requests
- Ability to handle customer problems and complaints
- Exceptional ability to work in fast-paced environment and perform multiple tasks with close attention to detail
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all cases involving client aircraft operations and when dealing with sensitive or security issues.
Director of Maintenance:
Summit Aviation is seeking a DOM who wants to make a difference and work with a great team while enjoying the myriad benefits of living in Bozeman, Montana.
We operate four turbine charter aircraft with duties including routinely checking/creating due list items, scanning logbook entries from maintenance to CAMP, coordinating an AOG situation with crew support and maintenance to minimize time on the ground, and scheduling maintenance events.
We also have a busy flight school with 14 aircraft. Duties include noting incoming squawks, scheduling maintenance with our maintenance provider, using our scheduling system to adjust aircraft availability, and coordinating with the chief instructor and maintenance to minimize student interruptions.
Qualified candidates must be excellent at maintaining focus in a distracting environment, while doing what it takes to provide solutions to difficult problems. Benefits include a retirement plan match, Aflac, health insurance, and all the coffee you can drink.
We are constantly expanding our fleet and company offerings while maintaining our friendly, fun work environment. Summit Aviation provides unmatched service in Aircraft Charter, Sales, Management, and Flight Training.
If you have ambition, love to turn the impossible to the possible, and are missing the word "quit" in your vocabulary, come be part of our ambitious, forward thinking family.
- In the past 6 years have held an A&P certificate for at least 3 years
- Experience doing maintenance on multi-engine turbine aircraft.